a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

One click downloads for lesson materials

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

R3belD0gg
Been Around a Bit

One click downloads for lesson materials

Postby R3belD0gg » October 21st, 2013 1:19 am

I just joined tonight (though I used the site years ago and enjoyed it very much then) and am finding it a bit cumbersome trying to get the lessons onto my iPhone. I drive a truck for a living and like to listen to the lessons during my long drives, so I'm loading up the lesson, review and dialog MP3s.

It'd be nice to have an option to download a zip or rar file so I don't have to go to each lesson and download each file individually. I'm skipping the PDF files because I probably won't look at them while at work, but they'd be nice to have on the phone anyway.

This would be 100% better if there was an option to download directly to the phone, say through the iPhone's podcast app or a Jpod app with access to all the lesson materials. Maybe something like Spotify's "Available Offline" option.

I'm sure y'all have thought of this and I know implementing things like thess aren't as easy as some may think, but just putting it out there.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: One click downloads for lesson materials

Postby community.japanese » October 25th, 2013 3:13 pm

R3belD0gg-san,
thank you very much for your thoughtful comments! :D
I'll share your opinions with my team and discuss about it.
Thank you very much again and I hope you'll enjoy our website contents and lessons :wink:

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
dnjpsil_497579
Been Around a Bit

Postby dnjpsil_497579 » April 20th, 2014 12:55 pm

Konnichiwa Natsuko-san,
Any update on this post?
Regards,
DN.

R3belD0gg
Been Around a Bit

Postby R3belD0gg » April 20th, 2014 4:09 pm

dnjpsil wrote:Konnichiwa Natsuko-san,
Any update on this post?
Regards,
DN.

Dnjpsil,

Try this other thread here I started on this topic. If you're a premium member, you can set up a feed link. If you're using iTunes, just click the link and it will show up under podcasts. Then, if you want to download all of the files to your PC, you have to set iTunes to download all old episodes in that feed. After that, just upload to the phone. Personally, I hate the iTunes software and avoid using it. You can get the stuff to download directly onto your phone, but I found I had to access japanesepod's main site (NOT THE MOBILE SITE) from my phone to do so. Obviously, this only applies to iPhones. If you have another device, I'm sure it's not much different, though.

This isn't perfect, and I'd still like the ability to just download archived seasons, but it works. The main problems are really more to do with Apple than Jpod. For instance, when I create a direct feed to the podcast app on the iPhone, every time I try to open a PDF it wants me to enter my login info. You're better off going through the PC.

Here's the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6786

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » April 21st, 2014 6:59 am

DN-san, R3belD0gg-san,
thank you very much for your kind help, R3belD0gg-san :D :kokoro:

I shared your post with my team for future possibility, but for now, premium "my feed" would
be the best solution for you. :wink:
Sorry for long-time silence from J-Pod.

Natsuko (奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Feature Requests”