Or sign up using Facebook

Tokyo Station Suitcase Storage Access

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ninjalin8887787
New in Town

Tokyo Station Suitcase Storage Access

Postby ninjalin8887787 » January 13th, 2015 10:59 pm

:flower:

I was wondering if someone who could help me. Myself and two friends are coming to Tokyo this April. We arrive at Haneda Airport at 7-8am and our check in time for our apartment is 2-3pm. Since we have quite a bit of time to kill I wanted to store our luggage at Tokyo Station and roam around the area before we go to our apartment.
I want to use the Gransta on the B1 floor at Tokyo station as it has a cloakroom for suitcases. (I think the coin lockers would be too small).

Looking at the Tokyo Station floor maps, I can see the best area is the Marunouchi central exit area, but I can't tell if I need a train ticket to access the Gransta.

We will be arriving via the JR Yamanote line. (Platform 4, I think).

So to access this Gransta cloakroom from the JR Yamanote line platforms, would I need to pass through a ticket barrier first? (As Tokyo station is so big and I have poor sense of direction, I just want to make sure I don't exit a barrier and then realise I have to go back through a barrier to get to Gransta.)

I will then be leaving Tokyo station via the Subway Marunouchi Line. So when I return to the Gransta to collect our suitcases after I've finished sightseeing/shopping in the area, would I need to return through a ticket barrier again? And does this ticket barrier only give access to the JR lines? Or would I still be able to access the Marunouchi Line?

I'm open to suggestions as well. (I.e. Would a Suica Pass be most convenient to tap in and out, although I guess I wouldn't want to keep paying to get in an out of Gransta.)

Basically I'm trying to avoid having to by several train tickets just to drop off and pick up luggage.

Many thanks in advance!

ninjalin8887787
New in Town

Re: Tokyo Station Suitcase Storage Access

Postby ninjalin8887787 » January 27th, 2015 1:17 pm

Ahh I've figured it out by myself now. So all okay! Shame no one knew the answer at the time.

Get 40% OFF
community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » January 29th, 2015 8:38 am

ninjalin8887787 san,
konnichiwa.
That’s good.
Have a good trip in Japan.

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

patrick_harnett
Been Around a Bit

Postby patrick_harnett » February 3rd, 2015 8:24 pm

Yes, there is a luggage storage area by the Marunouchi North exit (next to the travel centre). They take over-size items and the fee is per bag (Y500).

ninjalin8887787
New in Town

Postby ninjalin8887787 » February 4th, 2015 9:18 am

どうもありがとう、由紀様。 :wink: もちろん!日本で旅行はいつも素晴らしいです。 :nihon:

Thanks, Patrick. That's the one I found that solved my problem. The JR East Travel Service Centre has a section that stores luggage. It is good since it means I can explore the areas not confined by the ticket barriers.

Also, since I won't be jumping back on any JR rail lines, Storing at the Gransta would mean I'd have a problem getting back out of the barriers after collecting the suitcases.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » February 8th, 2015 5:58 am

patrick_harnett さん、
Konnichiwa.Thank you for the useful information.

ninjalin8887787 さん、
Please tell us your experience after the trip.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

ninjalin888
Been Around a Bit

Postby ninjalin888 » April 23rd, 2015 4:58 pm

Oh I just wanted to mention, the storage of the suitcase at the JR East Travel Service Centre was very simple. Definitely recommended if you want to wonder around the moat of the Imperial Palace and the lovely park with water fountains without having to carry your luggage.

When collecting our luggage we just caught a taxi just outside of Tokyo Station on the Marunouchi side. Not even a minute walk from the baggage service to the taxi stand. Very convenient, especially as we were exhausted from our flight that day.

Thanks for all the help!

ロンドン好きですか?私のブログ見てくださいね。 http://ninjalinslondon.tumblr.com

Return to “Visiting Japan”