a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Few Questions about living in Japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Sesshomaru_Sama
Been Around a Bit

Few Questions about living in Japan

Postby Sesshomaru_Sama » November 6th, 2015 5:04 am

I have been interested in japan culture since I was young but only recently have I started to divulge in information. I wish I started to learn the language sooner. I started studying the language in august...I turned 19 2 months ago. I want to study abroad and learn life science. I want to visit Japan this year and next year, then I would plan on going to school there.. Hopefully by me visiting this year and next year I can get a good idea of what it is like. There are many beautiful places and I am still learning about them, (recently learned about Hokkaido for example, which Is absolutely beautiful.) With the research that I have done, and my idea of Japan, Kyoto, to me, felt like the most traditional and relaxed setting. It was very cool to find out also that Kyouto University had a program for the exact type of science I want to study. It's almost surreal. Feels like the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

. My ideas have made me very motivated, and it is a good feeling, I can honestly say I've never had such a good time learning before until now it seems. I try to work hard everyday and study, its what all of my free time is dedicated to.. not to brag, but I have learned a lot in a short amount of time, ofcourse I'd be lying if I said I knew most of it, I know that just comes with more time. I consider myself to be very smart. This is something I absolutely want to do, I am not about to get discouraged by anything :D . My question is for anyone who knows about living in japan preferably 関西 region. Do you know anything about living areas and working etc?..Hate to say it but I don't know much, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Living expenses /locations/finding a job anything to be aware of? When I go there it will be the first time I will truly be on my own and have to 100% support myself. It seems challenging but its nothing I can't do/won't do. I am sorry if my question sounds vague... :( I don't necessarily object to having to live in a..for a lack of better terms, less than ideal location..At least I know it is for a reason, and that I am always going to be working towards something better, It is always good to have things to look forward to..

*Side note: Is anyone aware of any good martial arts schools? I am not interested in any McDojo's, that's why I have refrained from "learning" here...one of the arts I am interested in is Wing Chun..I know it originated in China but it has reached other areas if I recall correctly.

Sorry if my question is vague or I didn't make any sense..if I think of something else to add I will.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Few Questions about living in Japan

Postby community.japanese » November 10th, 2015 12:51 pm

Sesshomaru_Sama san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Your trip plan sounds good.
Regarding your questions, how about those websites below?
https://www.careercross.com/en/kansai/
http://blog.gaijinpot.com/kansai-versus-kanto/

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
Sesshomaru_Sama
Been Around a Bit

Postby Sesshomaru_Sama » November 12th, 2015 7:05 pm

Konnichiwa Yuki San, thank you very much, I will look into this. :wink:

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » November 13th, 2015 2:33 pm

Sesshomaru_Sama san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Douitashimashite.
If you have any questions again, please feel free to ask us.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”