Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese introduction speech help as an English teacher

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

tr199.69_507594
New in Town

Japanese introduction speech help as an English teacher

Postby tr199.69_507594 » August 23rd, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi!

I am currently applying for a job teaching English in Japan, and one of the tasks is to introduce myself to the Japanese teachers at the school. It's basically a test in beginner Japanese. I have worked out most of my speech, but as I know very little Japanese, I would greatly appreciate it if someone who does know Japanese can check it is ok for me, and maybe alter it if some of the wording is wrong? As I have done it by myself. Also, I want to add an etra bit (where I have written "Insert Here") but do not know enough Japanese to translate this to say, and I feel that it would be pointless getting a garbled machine translation.

If anyone has the spare time, It would be a great assisstance to me if someone coul go through this a correct it for me. Thanks!
Japanese:
Konnichiwa Minna-san!
Watashi wa Trigg Matthew des, watashi wa eigo. Watashi ha suki hon, anime to bideo geimu. (Insert here) Watashi wa tanoshinoshitemasu goruden weiku, comiket anime expo, eto taberu daifuku ichigo. Yoroshkun gozaishimasu!
English:
Good afternoon, everyone!
My name is Matthew Trigg, I'm english. I like books, anime and video games. (insert here) I am looking forward to Golden week, Comiket anime expo and eating daifuku strawberries. Please take care of me!

Want to add (insert here) - I often reviewed and improved my friends' essays at University, and help them with spelling correction, grammar and the correct wording in sentence structure.

Thanks!

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Japanese introduction speech help as an English teacher

Postby community.japanese » August 24th, 2015 3:51 pm

san,
That is a great!

Please note the corrections below.

Konnichiwa, mina san. The word, Minna-san doesn’t exist. That must be mina-san or minna. However, minna is too casual here.

Hajimemashite. As jim.schuler san said, you should say ‘hajimemashite’ however, please make sure the last syllable is ‘te.’

Watashi wa Matthew Trigg desu. Igirisu jin desu. Igirisu means ‘the united kingdom (country).’
Hon to anime to conpyuutaa geimu ga sukidesu.
Watashi wa tokidoki daigaku de tomodachi no essei no revyuu wo sitekimashita. Tatoeba, tadashii superingu ya tadashii tango no sentaku ya guramaa desu.
Gooruden weeku to komike anime expo to ichigo daifuku wo taberukoto wo tanoshimini shiteimasu.
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
:)
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”